Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Social Networking


So, I recently created an account on Facebook to see what all of the hoopla is about. I have to say that I can't quite figure it out. I me, it seems to be a personal chat room with bells and whistles. I am told that emailing is out and posting on these site is what it is all about. I'm perhaps a little too old, set in my ways or outdated enough to not understand why I would want communication between me and my friends to be available for all to see. To all to all of this, I discovered a new site called power(http://www.power.com/) that combines all of the social networking sites into one--So, regardless of which site you are a part of, you can access your and others' from one place-- I guess that's progress.


An educational publication that I receive introduced Pageflakes(http://www.pageflakes.com/) as a personalized home page service that offers support for everything from videos to podcasts, class links, news, blogs, etc--Seems like much of the same-supposedly for educators-At first glance, it looks like another social networking site-Can't quite see the difference-but I will keep an open mind!