Friday, January 30, 2009

A week's worth of WORD OF THE DAY

This week's WORDs of the DAY are: accountable, brouhaha, philippic, dishevel, mawkish. The challenge: Use them all CORRECTLY in ONE SENTENCE.

AAllen:
My husband accused me of being mawkish after my philippic when I got back to my disheveled home and realized that nobody was held accountable for the brouhaha that took place while I was at work.

CFloros:
I feel accountable for the brouhaha that ensued after my mawkish philippic about the disheveled appearance of too many of our students.

FSmith(modified for publication):
The Principal emerged from his office a bit disheveled and mawkish for the calmer days at his school after the many philippics he had to endure from parents who held him accountable for the brouhaha on Tuesday.

MJones:(TECHNICALLY DISQUALIFED- INCORRECT USE OF PHILIPPIC)
I was quite disheveled, feeling rather mawkish and prepared to begin a philippic attack yesterday as I realized just how fed up I am with the group who refuses to be accountable for their actions and continues to participate in creating a brouhaha in the staff cafeteria.

MEtesten:
The brouhahas of the past week resulted in much wailing and disheveled hair among the students followed by mawkish displays of contrition, as those accountable for said brouhahas endured loud philippics from their deans.

JJarot:
I was held accountable for the brouhaha that my disheveled appearance caused at Rod Blagojevich's mawkish philippic.

DBrown:
The disheveled student mawkishly walked down to the dean's office because he was holding himself accountable for the philippic he made and the brouhaha that ensued.

CThorson(not ONE sentence- but very clever!)
So during the season openers of LOST, a lot has happened. Jack Shepard is holding himself accountable for all the bad things happening to the people back on the island after he spoke with Jeremy Bentham. Jack finally cleaned himself up after his dishevelled self tried to jump off a bridge from this guilt of leaving the other Oceanic survivors behind. Meanwhile, back on the island, the time is skipping and it's making Sawyer so angry that he is throwing a philippic at Dr. Daniel Faraday since he's not explaining it properly. Eventually, the Others captured the remaining survivors and brought them back to their camp. At the camp, there seemed to be a brouhaha since there were a lot of Others hanging around. Faraday was told by Richard Alpert there was an H-Bomb on the Island. Faraday told Richard he would dismantle it, and Richard questioned him thinking he'd go there to activate it. Then, Faraday said he was in love with Charolette Lewis, and he would never hurt her. It was a very mawkish moment. But the best part was that we found out Charles Widmore is an Other!!! Total shocker!

BYanello:
Given my disheveled living style, complete lack of accountability, a mawkish wife, and my boss's constant phillipic, I need a brouhaha!!!

TFox:
Those who delivered the philippic were accountable for the brouhaha that left many disheveled and somewhat mawkish.

LKubik(TECHNICALLY DISQUALIFED- INCORRECT USE OF PHILIPPIC)
I will not be accountable for the brouhaha caused by my philippic response when I saw that someone had disheveled my mawkish Valentine display.

MHolubik(TECHNICALLY DISQUALIFED- INCORRECT USE OF PHILIPPIC)
I am feeling mawkish and me mind is desheveled from all the brouhaha that happened due to the philippic behavior this week, and I feel the students should be held accountable for their actions.

LScanlan(TECHNICALLY DISQUALIFED- INCORRECT USE OF PHILIPPIC)
A mawkish teacher reflects on the students who were held accountable for the philippic language they used during the brouhaha they started that left the halls of the school disheveled.

SStashak:
I hold my children accountable for their brouhahas, disheveled appearances, and apathetic attitudes, however, their mawkish responses to my philippics cause great exasperation.